Security and Safety
Overall: Although we have a designated security team, we all
should follow these safety practices to ensure that our community members can
participate in the 5k and have a safe and fun experience!
1. Make sure to eat breakfast or bring a snack with you.
2. Dress lightly for the hot weather (forecast is 76℉
high), wear sunscreen, and wear a hat
3. You’ll be outside for at least an hour or more, with
little to no shade from the 4. Continuously
, it’s going to be a hot day and dehydration has a delayed
onset; meaning your body will become dehydrated before you feel or realize
you’re dehydrated. So again continuously
II. Participant Safety
1. Be courteous and respectful of all other leads,
coordinators, volunteers, and participants.
2. Help us to ensure that each participant is easily identifiable by
their race bibs before the 3k begins
i. If a participant does not have a race bib, kindly ask
them to retrieve one from the Registration
3. DRINK WATER
, it’s going to be a hot day and we don’t want
anyone fainting due to dehydration.
4. Please stay on the sidewalk and to
i. There will be two way traffic on the route since it
doubles back on the same side of the road, so please ensure that participants
stay to the right as they walk/run the route
5. Keep your eyes open for suspicious individuals,
activities, behavior, actions, abnormal situations, etc.
i. Report all findings to the Yessenia Diaz (818.624.1418) and or
Mariah Oca (916.868.7799) before